YATES HELPS YOU OPTIMIZE YOUR ENERGY SAVINGS!
Buying a new home is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, and it pays to make the most of all the choices available to you.
Yates Homes offer an LP Techshield Radiant Barrier Sheathing option that comes with a 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty.
HOW IT WORKS
LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier Sheathing helps block radiant heat from entering the attic. The result: LP TechShield reduces your monthly air conditioning costs by up to 17%. It installs just like regular roof sheathing, requiring no additional labor costs. And unlike other radiant barriers, LP TechShield features VaporVents™ technology, which helps the panel dry quickly if it’s exposed to moisture during the construction process. LP TechShield was the first radiant barrier panel on the market and is still the brand that builders use and recommend the most.
WHAT THIS CAN MEAN FOR YOU
You can take an already energy efficient Yates Home and enhance it even further by reducing energy consumption and ensuring up to 17% in savings off your on-going cooling bills. LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier Sheathing can block up to 97% of radiant heat transfer through roof sheathing, lowering your attic temperatures by as much as 30°F. This creates cooler rooms below and increases the efficiency of your in-attic air handling system.
HOW IS IT MADE?
LP® TechShield® is made by laminating a thin, durable sheet of aluminum to LP OSB Sheathing. After the foil lamination process takes place, the panel is incised, resulting in small holes called VaporVents™, that penetrate the foil, glue and OSB substrate. This patented incising process, makes LP TechShield different from other radiant barrier products.
HOW IS IT GREEN? – LP® TECHSHIELD® & THE ENVIRONMENT
- LP TechShield is made from wood – a renewable, natural resource.
- Our wood procurement process targets small, fast growing trees that can be replenished more quickly than older, larger trees.
- LP uses SFI® certified forest management and fiber sourcing systems to help ensure that our wood comes from well-managed forests.
- The entire log is used in our manufacturing process. All wood waste is repurposed or used to help fuel our mills.
- We only use low-emitting, safe resins in the manufacture of LP TechShield and do not add any urea formaldehyde.
- LP TechShield is a structural product that can help reduce energy consumption.
- As a result of using LP TechShield, you may be able to reduce the tonnage of your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) system.
- LP TechShield is a qualified ENERGY STAR® product.
- Radiant barrier is a cost-efficient product for helping meet code requirements.
- LP TechShield may help builders qualify for certification points in a number of leading green building programs